Many Colors of Opal
The opal naturally occurs in a variety of colors, including
The black opal is the rarest color, and therefore the most valuable. While white opals are more common, high-quality white opals can also be quite valuable and are more popular than any other color in many parts of the world.
Opals are also considered the birthstone for the month of October. The Greek root of the word ‘opal’ means, “to see a change in color.” It was given this name due to the rainbow of colors one can see in an opal stone. Although wearing the gem is viewed as good luck, the superstitious believe that the luck is reversed if you were not born in October.
What do opals represent? The opal represents confidence and faithfulness. The stones are worn to keep away evil and protect eyesight.
Libra and Scorpio Traits
The astrological signs for October birthdays are Libra (September 23 – October 22) and Scorpio (October 23 – November 21).
Libras are fair and peaceful people. They value relationships and find balance in compromising. Libras prefer to keep the peace when possible, so asking them to choose a side will not go over well.
- A libra woman is charming and solution-oriented. She enjoys surrounding herself with people she can speak with who will also listen.
- A libra man is attracted to beauty, which can sometimes deem him superficial. He values confidence but is intimidated by deep or emotional talks.
Scorpios are direct, assertive, and passionate people. They seek answers and will persevere until one is found. Scorpios value longtime friendships, but it’s necessary to be honest and direct to stay in their good graces.
- A scorpio woman is fascinatingly complex. She is forceful but can also be secretive. But don’t let this mislead you, although she may come on strong, she has great capacity for kindness.
- A scorpio man loves a challenge. He wants the chase and to be seduced, but still seeks honesty in relationships.
October has many important dates in history and is a month of many interesting celebrities, holidays and public figures.
- The end of October is the only time when the four major American sports (MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA) have games at the same time.
- The second Monday of every October is Columbus Day.
- October is sometimes referred to as the presidential month because more presidents have been born in it than any other month, including Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower.
- October contains the famous holidays of Halloween and Oktoberfest. October 3rd marks the end of Oktoberfest, the world’s largest folk festival located in Germany. October 31st is celebrated in the US as Halloween, a day where people dress up in costume and eat candy.
Famous Birthdays in October
- Mahatma Gandhi, leader of Indian Independence Movement-October 2
- John Lennon, singer-songwriter for The Beatles-October 9
- Carrie Fisher, actress known as Princess Leia in Star Wars-October 21
- Drake, rapper-October 24
- Pablo Picasso, Spanish painter-October 25
- Julia Roberts, actress-October 28
- Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft-October 28
September's Birthstone is Sapphire. Our Sapphires come in many color variations , but they are mostly known to be light blue hue. A brilliant blue Sapphire is the perfect birthstone gift for your loved ones this month especially if they were born in September. The unique color will be eye-catching to the person wearing it.Sapphire [...]
It's Women's Equality Day! Many American women were granted the right to vote 96 years ago, thanks to the 19th Amendment. This day is a celebration for how far we've come, but also how far we still need to overcome. In 1971, Congress declared August 26 Women's Equality Day and 45 years later, we are [...]
Peridot SymbolismThe peridot’s stunning lime green glow is very recognizable. Some believe its name comes from the Greek word “peridona” which means “giving plenty.” The mineral itself is lime green, which is different from most gems that get their color from the trace impurities. Peridots protect against nightmares and can bring peace.What does peridot represent? [...]
Rubies are known for their vibrant red color and wearing them during the summer time makes a bold statement. Ruby rings or necklaces are a great birthstone gift for loved on who was born in July. Add to a personal touch and don't forget to write them a special note to accompany the gift to [...]
FATHER'S DAY GIFTSWith our distinctive, high-quality gifts, there's no such thing as a hard-to-shop-for dad.Watches and BraceletsFor the simple dads who want something basic and classic, a watch would be the perfect gift. A watch is a very useful object and adds a dash of style to whatever he wearing. Men’s bracelets typically are wider and [...]
May is Spring time and the bright green of the Emerald gemstone is fitting for the May Birthstone. Emeralds name comes from the Greek word "smaragdus" which means green stone.Emerald Meaning: Emeralds symbolize love and abundance. They originated from Egypt, where they were symbolic to fertility and rebirth and were a well known remedy to treat [...]
Mother's Day is quickly approaching and finding the perfect gift can be stressful. Finding the perfect gift will show your love and appreciation for the woman you adore. Jewelry is always a good idea and it's important to find something as unique and exquisite as she is. Oravo Jewelry can meet all your jewelry needs, [...]
oachella Weekend 1 just passed and the next weekend will be another fun and eventful event. Undeniably, Coachella isn't only about the music, but it is also about the fashion and jewelry Instagram-worthy Instagram posts. You will see your feed filled with bohemian and hippie-inspired style ranging from fringes but what we love to keep [...]
St. Patrick's Day is full of drunken festivities, but it is also one of the most looked forward to event of giving gifts. Through the years, every St. Patrick's Day celebration is filled with four leaf clover jewelry pieces, shamrock accessories, or any green tone gemstones. There is no better way to symbolize St. Patrick's Day [...]