December Birthstone- Topaz
December’s birthstones are tanzanite, zircon and turquoise. The lucky individuals born in this month get to choose between three beautiful blue colors. These stones are all commonly found in jewelry. Make your special someone’s day with a birthstone gift in a hue that best represents their unique personality.
Tanzanite is named after the only place in the world it can be found, Tanzania. This blue or sometimes violet stone was only recently discovered (1967) and therefore has risen in popularity. It is easier to scratch than many other precious stones and must be handled with care.
What Does Tanzanite Represent?
Tanzanite is said to have calming and soothing properties. It is sometimes referred to a the “workaholic stone” because it’s supposed to help relax those who work too much. It also relieves depression and stress.
Zircon is a stone that naturally appears in almost every color, however it is most recognizable by its blue hue. This gem can be slightly radioactive, so it’s usually treated and stabilized. Zircon is mainly mined in Australia, which produces 37% of the world’s zircon mining.
What Does Zircon Represent?
Zircon is a grounding stone, used to balance the wearers dreams with reality. In addition, zircon is said to ward off negative energy and invite happiness into the wearer’s life.
Turquoise is a unique stone that can usually be identified by its spiderweb pattern. It dates back to the 13th century and was originally brought to Europe from Turkey. Today, the U.S. is the largest turquoise supplier and the stone is commonly found in Native American jewelry.
What Does Turquoise Represent?
Turquoise signifies wisdom, balance and truth. It is said to be the stone of protection, possessing the power to prevent injury. For this reason, many travelers carry turquoise amulets.
Sagittarius and Capricorn Traits
Astrological signs for December are Sagittarius (November 22-December 21) and Capricorn (December 22-January 19).
Sagittarius were made to travel the world. They are curious and energetic, able to turn their thoughts into actions. They have an open mind, enjoy freedom and aren’t constrained by details.
- A sagittarius woman is fun, outgoing, friendly and sometimes a little wild. She speaks her mind and values independence.
- A sagittarius man loves adventure and is excited by the endless possibilities life has to offer. He is a thinker, interested in philosophy, religion and the meaning of everything.
Capricorns are responsible, disciplined and have good self-control. They value family and tradition. Although they make for good managers, they are sometimes criticized for being condescending.
- A Capricorn woman is reliable, responsible and persistent. She is strong and therefore is a good person to lean on at any time. There is no task that she can’t accomplish.
- A Capricorn man is busy chasing realistic dreams. He is ambitious and reaches for the highest achievements. He values accomplishment and responsibility.
December has many important dates in history and is a month of many interesting celebrities, public figures and entertainers.
- The first official day of winter, called winter solstice, is in December. Winter solstice has the least number of daylight hours.
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the month of December has the fewest daylight hours.
- Some consider December 28th to be the unluckiest day of the year.
- A survey done in 2011 states that more dentists have birthdays in December than in any other month.
- The first artificial Christmas tree was made in Germany, created from goose feathers and dyed green.
Famous Birthdays in December
- Tyra Banks, television personality and model – December 4
- Walt Disney, entrepreneur and film producer – December 5
- Queen Mary, Queen of Scots, Queen of Scotland – December 8
- Frank Sinatra, singer and actor – December 12
- Taylor Swift, singer-songwriter – December 13
- Steven Spielberg, filmmaker – December 18
- Isaac Newton, physicist, mathematician, astronomer – December 25
- LeBron James, NBA star – December 30
Behind the Scenes: Fall in LA
Fall and Winter are our favorite seasons for fashion and jewelry. We originally wanted a white winter land theme but being based in Los Angeles makes that extremely difficult. Lucky for us, we had perfect LA weather during our shoot in the heart of Fashion District, Downtown. We were lucky enough to work with a [...]
4 Jewelry Trends for Fall 2017
TODAY IS OFFICIALLY THE FIRST DAY OF FALL! We waited all year long to showcase our favorite fall season jewelry trends to help you say fashionable all season long.Gold JewelryGold Jewelry will always be in style especially when its fall season and it matches our fall wardrobe. Our favorite accessory on gold items are that [...]